Friday 1 April 2011

simple supper for one

Goats cheese and beetroot salad
Whilst waiting for a friend to get ready, I dawdled about in the kitchen where my oldest and dearest friend was just sitting down to supper with her boyfriend. On her plate, beautiful colour and temptation, on his plate, a microwave shepherds pie (he insisted!). I couldn't help but fork it and tonight, I couldn't help but make it myself...
The Ingredients
Literally just three!
  • Lettuce (I used iceberg. They didn't have cos in local shop but that's crunchier)
  • Beetroot
  • Goats cheese
Herbs to flavour (I love coriander. You are either a lover or a hater!)
Extra virgin olive oil
I used a touch of Aspall's cyder vinegar
Salt and Pepper to taste

Fru 'seriously citrusy lemon cheesecake'
I have never known such a quick fresh yummy salad to make!!! It's sweet, and strong. I then hastily tucked into a 'sensationally citrusy lemon cheesecake' from Fru. There was nothing left to do afterwards but be distracted by Meryl Streep making chocolate croissants on tv. It's always about the food!
Fru puds
Aspall

No comments: